Monday, September 6, 2010

No one can be trusted. (meaningful wey! =P)

You continue to read between the lines, trying to read my mind,
And you’ll never understand me. But you will keep pretending that you do.
You’ll probably keep telling me what’s best for me,
Depending on what’s best for you.
You’ll keep telling me what I should do,
Until I fool myself into thinking I agree with you.
No one can be trusted.
But I continue to tell you my secrets.
I tell you my deepest thoughts, feelings, and weaknesses.
I pretend to trust you with the key to my soul,
But in my mind I know there are certain things I shouldn't say,
And I know that secrets are only safe when taken to the grave.
But I lie to myself and believe that I have friends.
When I’m really not sure anymore, what a friend is.
Because your friends have other friends they have to be loyal too.

But when I tell you that this is how I feel about love,
You think it is because I’m still in love.
You could never understand where I’m coming from
Unless you wanted to.
And no one wants to understand another
Because they are too busy trying to understand themselves.
I don’t want to understand you. I just want you to understand me.
Maybe that’s one thing we could understand about each other.
The only other way I’d believe you understand
Is if you have been through what I’ve been through and you saw what I’ve seen
If you felt what I felt and believed what I heard,
Then maybe you would know what it’s like to be hurt.
You wouldn’t think its old news, when it’s like yesterday to me.
You just want me to let it go because you don’t want me to see.
That maybe you aren’t the friend I believe you to be.

But I already know.
No one can be trusted.
So if I call you a liar, don’t take offense.
There is no one in this world
I feel is better than this.
If you’re phony and fake,
Its ok, I am too.
I won’t let the real me
Be vulnerable to you.
No one.
No, no one can be trusted.


No comments: